Hello,

After updating to yesterday's current, my "victim" laptop's wireless
card stopped working.

It turns out that wicontrol wasn't setting the card correctly.  Using
the nifty new ifconfig commands worked perfectly.

This started right after pkh's changes to ifconfig to replace the
various wireless control programs.

If the intent is to have both *control and ifconfig working, I'll be
happy to document exactly what isn't working.

If the intent is to replace *control, should a note be put in UPDATING
that users might have problems?

Thanks.

==ml

PS: Using ifconfig, you can easily see when your card is misconfigured
by the "no carrier" warning.  That is really, really cool.  Thank you!

--
Michael Lucas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]