On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> Should I commit the attached patch then?

I don't like changing the documented interface of fts_open() but all the
alternatives that I can think of aren't appealing:
1. Provide a glue function that converts what qsort expects to the
   documented interface.  This seems to require saving sp->fts_compare
   in a global variable so that it can be accessed in the glue function.
2. Provide an alternative to qsort() that takes an fts-compatible
   comparison function.
3. Provide an alternative to qsort() that takes an comparison function
   that takes an additional function pointer arg (use this arg to avoid
   the global in (1)).

Bruce