"Crist J. Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   mount: /dev/fd0c: No such file or directory

> It seems there is some type of race to get the fd0c symlink in place
> and I am not winning it.

The symlink DEVFS nodes are going to be created first time they
are referenced.  Your mount attempt thus does create it, but has
got reported it as ENOENT already by that time.

> I switched to /dev/fd0 and the boot went
> fine, but if this is real, it should be fixed.

Maybe.  Btw., there's no point in trying to mount /dev/fd0c anyway.
There are no partitioned floppy device nodes (except perhaps in Bruce
Evans' private tree :) anyway.  Pseudo-partitions fd0a through fd0h
have been aliases for just fd0 for years.