<<On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 00:13:14 +0900 (JST), Hajimu UMEMOTO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Current if_addmulti() calls MALLOC() with M_WAITOK.  However,
> if_addmulti() can be called from in[6]_addmulti() with splnet().  It
> may lead kernel panic.

This is not a problem (or should not be).  It is permissible to sleep
while some interrupts are blocked; it is just not (in 4-stable)
permissible to sleep in interrupt context.  The PR that I sent a few
days ago was an example of one such circumstance.  Is it really the
case that in6_addmulti() can be invoked in interrupt context, and if
so, why?

-GAWollman