On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

:
:
:On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:06:49 -1000, Vincent Poy wrote:
:
:>      Yeah, that's the weird part... I thought adding a DDB_UNATTENDED
:> as a option would atleast make it reboot or something...
:
:For the record, DDB_UNATTENDED is mostly pointless.  It just sets the
:default value of debug.debugger_on_panic, which you can just as well set
:in /etc/sysctl.conf.  Unless, of course, you're seeing a panic in the
:startup process.  But then do you really want an indefinite panic cycle?
::-)

Well, my current startup panic only happens at cold boot.  After it panics
the first time, it boots fine.  If DDB_UNATTENED isn't set, it hangs trying
to enter DDB.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bipedalism is only a fad.