In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Ju
lian Elischer writes:

>the lack of subdirectory support is a pitty.

There is support for subdirectories:

        ls -la /dev/fd

>it was a primary design goal in the previous devfs and its
>disappearance caught me by surprise. (the support I mean)

<SATIRE>
The ability to not panic left, right and centre was a primary
design goal of this devfs and its absense in the previos devfs
caught be by surprise.  (The lack of support as well).
</SATIRE>

Julian, I think it would reflect well on you to stop the official
mourning at some point in the near future.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956