On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 07:01:46PM +0200, some SMTP stream spewed forth:

> One gets the first DMA buffer full, then the process hangs...

Due to the lack of replies, I'll go ahead.

I am seeing sound breakage also.
My card is a
Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live!.

xmms will play a short (less than a second) spurt of audio and then stop
responding. mpg123 will not play (any audio to the speakers) at all.

I ran a buildworld today which apparently broke it.
That puts the breakage between today and sometime less than 2 months
ago.
(I really cannot be more specific.)

Suggestions gladly welcomed.

> -Søren