On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 01:09:12PM -0400, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Is it safe to share a disk between -current and -stable these days?
>
> I've been away from freebsd for the last few months and have a fuzzy
> recollection that something about the on-disk superblock structure
> changed in -current earlier this summer (related to dirprefs?) and
> fsck on -stable wouldn't be able to fsck a fs used by current.
>
> Is that still a problem?

When I reverted to -stable, I had fsck come up with a long list of
complaints about snapshot files which should have been deleted long
ago.  Probably they were caused by a failed background fsck under
-current (I had an unexpected softupdates inconsistency on the
partition due to a kernel panic, and background fsck would just wedge
the entire machine when trying to deal with it).  However, I don't
know why they weren't dealt with by fsck under -current.

Kris

PGP signature