Warner Losh wrote:
> Since that's not how it works, the solution is a non-starter.
>
> We just need to carefully order the ISA code probing sections to get
> the desired effects.  We haven't done that yet.  All PnP devices are
> probed together at the end, which isn't quite right.

The problem was presented as "we are getting two entries for
the devices: one for the PnP BIOS, one for the device.hints".

Whether it's perfect or not, making the device.hints "go away"
in the presents of PnP BIOS on the machine would seem to be
able to address the issue of doubled entries... right?

Is there something I'm not seeing here from Kazutaka's posting,
or am I being misled?

Thanks,
-- Terry