In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Julian Elischer writes:
: All looks good.. obviously the logic of what was going on was easy
: enough to pick up :-)
:
: the only bit I didn't see so easily was:
:
:  static int
: -fdformat(dev, finfo, p)
: +fdformat(dev, finfo, td)
:         dev_t dev;
:         struct fd_formb *finfo;
: -       struct proc *p;
: +       struct thread *td;
:  {
: +       struct proc *p = td->td_proc;
:         fdu_t   fdu;
:         fd_p    fd;
:
: @@ -2860,7 +2861,7 @@
:         /*
:          * keep the process from being swapped
:          */
: -       PHOLD(p);
: +       PROC_LOCK(p);
:         bzero((void *)bp, sizeof(*bp));
:         bp->bio_cmd = BIO_FORMAT;
:
: @@ -2898,7 +2899,7 @@
:         /*
:          * allow the process to be swapped
:          */
: -       PRELE(p);
: +       PROC_UNLOCK(p);
:         free(bp, M_TEMP);
:         return rv;
:  }
:
: the replacement of PHOLD with PROC_LOCK().. I'm not sure of what this actualy
: means..

Since I don't know what either PHOLD or PROC_LOCK are, I don't know if
I did this right.  Maybe it is bogus.

Warner