John Baldwin wrote:
> The problem is that during a fast interrupt handler, we don't acknowledge the
> interrupt until we return from the interrupt handler, so if we preempt it may
> be a while before we get back to the interrupted process so it can finish the
> interrupt handler and ack the interrupt in the PIC.

I think that you're also going to find some overhead problems
related to interrupt threads when it comes to NETISR running
in a seperate thread, as well.  If nothing else, you are going
to be paying an additional context switch overhead to switch
to the NETISR thread that you weren't paying before.

I don't really buy Julian's "IDE stack depth" worst case
argument: the fix for that is to fix the IDE drivers to not
suck up huge chunks of stack to do their work.

-- Terry