On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 12:52:48PM -0700, John Baldwin wrote:

> could figure out the faulting address that it trapp'd one that would help.  You
> could add KTR tracepoints or some such to store the log message to do that and
> then examin the KTR buffer to get the actual faulting address.

Ok. In the remote debugger I got a lot more data. In fact, it
brought me to linux_alarm() in /sys/compat/linux_misc.c

First some data about the trapping thread:

td = curthread = 0xcbb89304             looks ok
kg = td->ksegrp = 0xcbb89230            looks ok

td->td_proc->p_comm = "swi6: tty:sio clock"

The LTP test that seems to be causing this is doing an alarm().

In linux_alarm() I see:

        :
        s = splsoftclock();
        old_it = td->td_proc->p_realtimer;
        :
        td->td_proc->p_realtimer = it;
        splx(s);
        :

Is the splsoftclock() acceptable locking to access td->td_proc?

--
 Marcel Moolenaar         USPA: A-39004          [EMAIL PROTECTED]