On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 01:36:26PM -0600, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
> All these "solutions" assume that everyone is wired up with IP
> connectivity. The original questions was "who uses UUCP?"

Me.

> UUCP has many valid uses. Even today. If you don't understand the
> software, that's fine with me. Just don't use your ignorance as
> an excuse to dike the software out. Or more precisely, admit
> you want to rip the code out because you don't understand what
> it is, rather than making up specious excuses for it's removal.

I support it's removal, because I think that software that is used
by a tiny fraction of the userbase (and I suspect that uucp fits
into that catagory) should be removed from the "core" distribution,
and made into a seperate package; provided that obtaining the
package and integrating it into FreeBSD is not too onerous.

--
Mike Bristow, seebitwopie