On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 08:55:59PM +0000, David Hill wrote:
> Hello -
> Currently, if a user logs in using sftp, it does not log that user to the lastlog.
>In my opinion, I think it should log the connection.
>
> Is this how it is supposed to be?

Yes. You only see an entry in last(1) when there is tty
allocation. For example, try,

  $ ssh -T host

And have a look at the last(8) on host.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's hilarious."

Crist J. Clark                     |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~cjc/    |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]