On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
> While the PCI bus code should enable these resources, only the driver
> really knows if a PCI map will be used.  It should enable it.  See
> pci_enable_io()
Am I wrong or is:

    pci_enable_busmaster(dev);
    pci_enable_io(dev, SYS_RES_IOPORT);
    pci_enable_io(dev, SYS_RES_MEMORY);

(which I additionally added now) equivalent to (the allready existing):

    data = pci_read_config(dev, PCIR_COMMAND, 2);
    data |= (PCIM_CMD_PORTEN | PCIM_CMD_MEMEN | PCIM_CMD_BUSMASTEREN);
    pci_write_config(dev, PCIR_COMMAND, data, 2);

anyway neither one seems to do the job.
bus_alloc_resource() still fails...

Any tips to analyse/debug the problem?

Bye!