On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 18:32:43 +0300, Andrey A. Chernov wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 16:11:47 +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> >
> > > Back to your subj.: It breaks, at least, M$ Windows OPIE/Skey generators
> > > which do auto-paste when keyword (Password) is found.
> >
> > Good point.  "OPIE Password" might be more appropriate, then.
>
> We don't know, what exact pattern they may use. What if it is something
> like \nPassword? BTW, example of such program is NetNTerm
> www.securenetterm.com

The second argument against this change follows:

On
Password:
or
Password [echo on]:

prompts user can type either OPIE exchange or Unix password (if allowed to
do it). If this will be changed to:

OPIE Password:
or
OPIE Password [echo on]:

it gives impression that no normal Unix password can be typed at this
point.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/