On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 10:12:15PM -0500, Jeroen C.van Gelderen wrote:

> >> The difference is _impending_.
> >
> > EPARSE.
>
> David is about to switch to GCC 3.0 and I guess he does not like moving
> targets. I would expect that for the GCC 4.0 upgrade a similar freeze
> request will go out. And that seems fair enough since it does not
> prevent anyone from applying the actual code fixes. We want to make this
> import stuff as easy on David as we can, no? It is a job from hell
> already.

All David has to do is set WARNS=0 or NO_WERROR=1 in <bsd.sys.mk> or
/etc/defaults/make.conf temporarily when he tests and commits the
changeover, and he'll sidestep all the problems.  There's no need to
impose restrictions on the activities of other committers.

It's really not a big deal, IMO.

Kris