On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 03:28:19PM -0600, Stephen L. Palmer wrote:
> Kernel build on a fresh (26 Feb 2002 - ~15:00 CDT) -current is failing
> with an "*** Error code 2" in the xe module.  This module is commented out of my
> config.  Why would 'make -j4 buildkernel KERNCONF=MIDEARTH' try to build a
> driver for a pccard I've commented out of the config?  I don't have any of
> the pccard/pcmcia stuff active as this is a desktop system.
>
> Non-SMP if it matters.

All modules are built by default, not just those listed in the
kernel config (which is for the kernel only).  To only build
specific modules, use the MODULES_OVERRIDE option (see NOTES).
And since you are using the -j flag to make, it is quite
possible that the parallel compiles are obscuring the actual
error and that xe is not (necessarily) the problem.

--
Chris D. Faulhaber - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeBSD: The Power To Serve   -   http://www.FreeBSD.org