In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            "George V. Neville-Neil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: The problem here is process.  The FreeBSD project now has more than
: 12 core members and more than 12 committers.  With any number larger
: than 12 it is VERY HARD to reach consensus on anything.  Without a
: process by which we agree to reach consensus it is impossible.

There are only only 8 core team members, unless you mean something
different by "core" here than [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Otherwise, I tend to agree with your basic premise that it is process
and not tools at the heart of this problem.

Warner