On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 06:04:34 -0700
Terry Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

TL> FreeBSD doesn't currently support bank selection.  Peter was
TL> working on it, last time I heard.  Linux supports it, at an
TL> incredible performance penalty.

        This inspired an off the wall thought that may be insane. Would
it be possible (on a >4Gb system) to address 4Gb of RAM and write a driver
to make the rest appear as a device, which could then be used for a
preferred or (even neater) first level swap.

--
C:>WIN                                          |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                    |A Better Way To Focus The Sun