In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 07:58:42PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: >             Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: > : On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 05:49:52PM +0200, Christian Flügel wrote:
: > :
: > : > But I still get signal 12 exceptions when trying to installworld.
: > : > It seems to me that the install process still uses my old kernel and I am
: > : > not able to load the new one. Could anybody please tell me how to achieve
: > : > this?
: > :
: > : You're still actually running your 4.x kernel.  This may be an
: > : omission in the documentation for upgrading to 5.0: you need to
: > : install the new /boot/defaults/ files so that the boot loader will
: > : automatically pick up the changed default location of the 5.0 kernel.
: >
: > Are you sure you need to do that by hand?  When I upgraded my laptop I
: > didn't need to do that.
:
: Does installkernel do this already?  Otherwise I can't see how the
: updated loader.conf gets into /boot/defaults by this point in the
: instructions.

No.  But installworld does in sys/boot/${ARCH}/Makefile seems to do
so.

Warner