On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 04:53:32PM -0700, Peter Wemm wrote:

> USB is pretty hosed. :-(
>
> For a while, removing the mouse didn't get detected and you had to kill moused
> manually.  Then the removal event happened.  A new moused would start but it
> was impossible to kill -9 the old moused.  If you remove the mouse again, it
> instantly panics the box.  I've not seen what is happening as I've always been
> in X at the time. :-/

Is that still happening?  I've got a usoft usb mouse here, and it works
fine for me, pluggin or unplugging - no problems.  There do however
appear to be hub problems - if a hub gets unplugged the usb bus code
loops and doesn't register that it's gone.  I'm using uhci though, are
you, or are you using ohci?

Joe