[bogus From: address, because people cannot be bothered to respect Reply-To:]

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 09:32:10AM -0700, Gordon Tetlow wrote:
> > Why??  If someone wants to use perl in building a port, let them.
> > Add a BUILD_DEPENDS.
>
> Seems like an awful amount of installation if all you are going to be
> doing with it is something that can be easily acheived by sed (which is
> probably the biggest case).

Please don't be telling a maintainer how to do his job.  If you want to
push a direction of a port, become its maintainer.

(I dare say even 90% of Perl haters will have it installed anyway, so
using is not such a big deal)