> On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 10:33:03AM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> > I'll look this patch over carefully, but at first glance it all seems
> > like stylistic changes.  Does it fix a bug, or you just don't like how I
> > did things?
>
> The changes are mostly _not_ stylistic like .ORDER with one argument
> not making any sense.  The reason of this patch is as before -- to
> avoid redefining system Yacc building rules.  The changes also fix
> the -j buildworld breakage in gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc1plus:

Maybe they are "cleaner" to you -- but the YACC rules for GCC are rather
complicated and what I use is much more direct.  You way requires me to
remember the 3-4 different ways the YACC _implicit_ rules can affect the
build.  I feel that for every except you (and maybe BDE) the explicit
rules are clearer and more straight forward.  I do not see anything wrong
with redefining system implicit YACC rules.

You have repeatedly hounded me for quite a while about GCC.  Since so
much of my blood and sweat are not acceptable to you, I encourage you to
become the GCC maintainer and do everything to your heart's desire.

People are really making me regret that I sweated over GCC 3 to bring it
into our tree for all of our architectures and to get many serious bugs
fixed in the FSF CVS repository.