On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 01:05:48PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:

> Wrong.  If you are following the proper upgrade path, then your old
> binaries will always work with your new kernel.

Can I ask you what the proper upgrade path is?

In /usr/src/UPDATING :
To rebuild everything and install it on the current system.
make world
Build a new kernel, see above.

In handbook:
make buildworld
make buildkernel
make installkernel
<reboot into single use mode>
make installworld
  ...   Although the world target still exists, you are strongly encouraged
        not to use it.

I thing that are two different ways, aren't they? Which one is right?
I'm naturally speaking about upgrading of the -current system, the way of
upgrading from 4.X is similar in both documents.

                        Martin