The libraries build for me without incident. However, anything which
tries to link against libGLU generates this error for me:

/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so: undefined reference to `operator
new[](unsigned)'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so: undefined reference to `vtable for
__cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so: undefined reference to `operator
delete(void*)'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_pure_virtual'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so: undefined reference to `vtable for
__cxxabiv1::__class_type_info'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so: undefined reference to `operator
delete[](void*)'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so: undefined reference to `vtable for
__cxxabiv1::__vmi_class_type_info'

--
Michael D. Harnois                   bilocational bivocational
Pastor, Redeemer Lutheran Church                Washburn, Iowa