On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 02:29:33PM -0400, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> I used to define INTERNALLIB to avoid building and installing the static
> version, but that is now almost reversed -- only the static will be
> built and nothing will be installed.

The old INTERNALLIB knob was confusion and not really used.
An internal lib is a static lib we create during `make world' because it
reduces compile times (ie, code that is shared).

I can think of very few reasons to build a .so, but not a .a.  Some
people do like to build static binaries.

> Can the future modifications in the share/mk be, please, tested with
> ports as well as src builds? Thanks!

src/share/mk is for /usr/src.  If /usr/ports can use the bits, that is
nice.  If not ports/Mk/bsd.FOO.mk should be created and used.