On 2002-07-07 06:01 +0000, David Wolfskill wrote:
> I got the word about the changes to vfs_subr.c & vfs_bio.c fixing
> the "hang" at shutdown for yesterday's -CURRENT fairly late in the
> day yesterday, and since the problem didn't seem (as far as I could
> tell) to affect normal operation, I figured I'd just pick up the
> change at the following update (which would be this morning).
>
> However, once I started the "make -j8 buildworld" on this SMP machine
> (this morning), I got a panic.  Here's a cut-and-paste from the
> serial console:
>
> Recovering vi editor sessions:.
> Initial rc.i386 initialization:.
> Configuring syscons: blanktime.
> Additional ABI support:.
> Local package initiCalization:reating DISK md10
> md10: invalid primary partition table: no magic
> md10: invalid primary partition table: no magic
> [1]   232 Floating point exception (core dumped)
> Jul  7 05:41:21 freebeast kernel: pid 232 (newfs), uid 0: exited on signal 8 (core
>dumped)
>  apache cvsupd
> .
> Additional TCP options:.
> Starting background filesystem checks
>
> Sun Jul  7 05:41:23 PDT 2002
>
> FreeBSD/i386 (freebeast.catwhisker.org) (cuaa0)
>
> login: panic: lockmgr: locking against myself

This is exactly what's showing up for me (and possibly others) in the
"KSE M-III status & junior hacker project." thread. I'm currently
building world too (this is a UP machine btw.), I guess we'll see if the
most recent commits change this.

--
Munish Chopra     The FreeBSD NVIDIA Driver Initiative
                  http://nvidia.netexplorer.org