Having a laptop here, I wanted to get the same 800x600 console that I
have in -stable.  I built my kernel with OPTIONS VESA and OPTIONS
SC_PIXEL_MODE.  I have tried two methods.  The first was to put 0x0080
in the device.hints file for SC.  That gave me a blank screen upon
startup.  I also tried putting into /usr/local/etc/rc.d the vidcontrol
command "vidcontrol -g 100x37 VESA_800x600.  That gave me a blank screen
at the end of the bootup.  Is this functionality broken in -current, or
am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,  Rob.