At 6:43 PM -0700 7/26/02, karl agee wrote:
>system: 5.0-current.
>
>trying to print to a post script laser printer which works fine
>in the past.  setup using apsfilter.
>
>When I attempt to print any file from any program the desktop
>locks up then the system reboots.  why?

Try copying a postscript file directly to the printer (skip
apsfilter and all of lpr), and see if you still get a system
crash.  That will help to point to where the problem might be.

If this is a networked printer, then you'll probably want to
use lpr but skip apsfilter.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]