On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 03:23:58PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> This is the same as using RELENG_4_6 (ie, 4.6-SECURE) in something.  We
> get bug fixes (that must work on *all* supported GCC arches).  The risk
> is _well_ mitigated.
>
> Why is everyone second guessing Kan on this import???  It will be a
> wonder if we get another import done by him.

Oh, I think GCC 3.2.1 prerelease knocks the socks off 3.1
prerelease.  But any time someone is using a FreeBSD -RELEASE,
gcc -v should say "release" in it.  That's just MHO.

Part of the reason I say this is because the gcc31 port uses the
release version and is not subject to the same bugs that the
*prerelease* 3.1 compiler that was in -CURRENT was.

regards,
--
wca