On Sep 23 at 13:48, Vallo Kallaste spoke:

> Back to the 4.5-something I had problems with the Plextor CD-RW
> drive, Promise ATA-66 and DMA. We had email discussion about it and
> you claimed that Promise support for ATAPI DMA is almost missing,

I think the guys of the Linux-kernel list have discussed about DMA
of certain Promise controllers. It seems to be a known issue.

Are there alternative controllers that support DMA with ATAPI
drives?

> but I guess you have better things to remember. The combo did work
> well with PIO4. Sounds similar.

PIO4 is sufficient for a single drive. I'm trying to burn on 4
drives concurrently.

-Hanspeter