> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
[...]
> > Unless I set rc_ng to NO, the ypbind will not start, even though
> > enable_nis_client is set and "Starting ypbind" is displayed on boot.

> Locally, I discovered that the hard dependency of ypbind on rpcbind
> now seems to be broken. Try setting rpcbind_enable="YES" explicitly in
> rc.conf and see if that helps. Gordon already has a bug report from me
> on this and has plans to resolve it. This is true of some other RPC
> dependencies also.

Thanks, but I have much bigger troubles at the moment :-( The workaround
for this one is simple -- rc_ng="NO"...

FWIW, this -- introducing this sort of instability just two months
before the scheduled release -- is a lot more damaging than the stupid
trolls, IMO. The finger-breakers should consider leaving the troll alone
and switching to super-gluing the pointy hats to the apropriate skulls
:-|

        -mi