On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> ===> vinum
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> /h/des/src/sys/dev/advansys/adv_pci.c: In function `adv_pci_attach':
> /h/des/src/sys/dev/advansys/adv_pci.c:197: warning: overflow in implicit constant
>conversion
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /h/des/obj/h/des/src/sys/LINT.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /h/des/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /h/des/src.

I don't understand why this error occurs since the types all seem to
match.

Relevant lines from src/sys/dev/advansys/adv_pci.c:

        /* Allocate a dmatag for our transfer DMA maps */
        /* XXX Should be a child of the PCI bus dma tag */
        error = bus_dma_tag_create(/*parent*/NULL, /*alignment*/1,
                                   /*boundary*/0,
                                   /*lowaddr*/ADV_PCI_MAX_DMA_ADDR,
                                   /*highaddr*/BUS_SPACE_MAXADDR,
                                   /*filter*/NULL, /*filterarg*/NULL,
                                   /*maxsize*/BUS_SPACE_MAXSIZE_32BIT,
                                   /*nsegments*/BUS_SPACE_UNRESTRICTED,
                                   /*maxsegsz*/ADV_PCI_MAX_DMA_COUNT,
                                   /*flags*/0,
197 ----->                         &adv->parent_dmat);

Yet in src/sys/alpha/include/bus.h:
typedef struct bus_dma_tag      *bus_dma_tag_t;
int bus_dma_tag_create(bus_dma_tag_t parent, bus_size_t alignemnt,
                       bus_size_t boundary, bus_addr_t lowaddr,
                       bus_addr_t highaddr, bus_dma_filter_t *filtfunc,
                       void *filtfuncarg, bus_size_t maxsize, int
nsegments,
                       bus_size_t maxsegsz, int flags, bus_dma_tag_t
*dmat);

And advlib.h:
struct adv_softc {
        bus_dma_tag_t            parent_dmat;
}

Everything seems to line up, why the warning?

-Nate