"Danny J. Zerkel" wrote:
> At least for our Linux emulation layer, supporting IPC_64 would be one
> of the pieces (probably the main one) keeping The Sims from running.
> The other thing we are missing is the Linux ioctl() interface for reading
> MSDOSFS directories, but that may be optional.
>
> I will eventually take a look at this (IPC_64) if the scheduling fairy brings
> me the time.

Basically, they convert a lot of short fields to what the manual
page calls "longs", but which are actually 32 bit values; makes
you wonder where they obtained the name "IPC_64", when it should
probably more properly be "IPC_32".

They pad it out to 36 bytes by adding two unsigned long fields
(32 bit longs); gotta wonder why they didn't stop at 32 bytes...

-- Terry

  • short uid/gid Vladimir B. Grebenschikov,Moscow,408-7227,123-4567,Some-info