Thus spake Lucky Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I therefore believe that the 5.0 release represents a perfect
> opportunity to remove ssh1 fallback from the default distribution of
> FreeBSD and hope the FreeBSD team will consider this change.

Making SSH 2 the default is one thing.  Removing SSH 1 as a
fallback altogether is going to break compatibility with other
systems like you'd never believe.  For example, I regularly need
to SSH into Solaris boxen running SSH 1.  These machines aren't
secure anyway, and since there's nothing I can do about it, I
don't want any surprises when I upgrade.