* De: Terry Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [ Data: 2002-10-23 ]
        [ Subjecte: Re: Request: remove ssh1 fallback ]
> [snipped]

You're essentially arguing that upgrade should not change anything, but
somehow that moving old stuff out of the way should be done?  How is it
exactly that you propose we take care of the include namespace breakage
that GCC has introduced in an automated way, without possibly doing the
wrong thing?  If we're going to account for people modding their system
then we have to leave it up to them, and the people who don't mod even,
really, their rc.conf, to nuke the includes stuff.

Besides, upgrading a production system in-place is almost never worth
the effort it entails, on any system.  Version skew, security issues,
etc., all make this a less-than-enjoyable option.

If you want specifics, I'll be glad to elaborate, but you don't have to
be Terr^W^H Kreskin to figure it out.

juli.
--
Juli Mallett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       | FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
Will break world for fulltime employment. | finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]