Dag-Erling Smorgrav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> There seems to be a bug in our pam_ssh(8).  It switches to user
> privileges when reading the user's keys, but switches back before
> starting the agent, instead of after.

Umm, wait, that was too easy.  It doesn't.  I got the start_agent and
!start_agent cases mixed up.  Alexander, could you check what UID
ssh-agent runs as (ps auxw | grep agent)?  What version of XFree86 do
you run, and did you compile it yourself or did you install binaries?
How long ago did you install it?  What does 'ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/xdm'
say?  If it's pretty old, it might still be using Linux-PAM and an old
non-credential-dropping pam_ssh(8).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - [EMAIL PROTECTED]