On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:15:42AM -0800, Kris Kennaway
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 08:36:19AM +0100, Christophe Yayon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i am new to CURRENT, i have just installed DP2 and i saw that /proc is not
> > mounted... Could i create in fstab and mount it or is it not necessary ?
>
> You could if you like, but it's not necessary for most things (it's
> omitted because it's historically a big security risk).

The OpenOffice suite crashes at startup without /proc mounted.
OpenOffice docs say that /proc is only needed for initial install
program and does not say it's needed afterwards. Still, it's needed.
Am I missing something? In case it's unavoidable the docs should be
modified.

Thanks
--

Vallo Kallaste