Mark Santcroos wrote:

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 03:01:48AM +0900, Mitsuru IWASAKI wrote:

>How about this one?
>http://people.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/acpi/vga_pci-20020228.tar.gz
>
>This simply set PCI_POWERSTATE_D0 for VGA device on wakeup.

This didn't work unfortunately.

The problem is actually a bit weird. When I suspend (close the lid or with
the key combo) the display is not turned off actually. It does go in some
form of suspend however. When I resume, the machine comes back to life
again, but the screen goes off at that moment.
Any news on this issue? I still see the issue Mark described on a similar Dell with today's -current, and it's the only major remaining issue that prevents me from switching to -current exclusively. Not being able to standby is a major pain.

This is probably incredibly naive, but since this worked under -stable, shouldn't there be some code already that does the right thing? (I'm guessing the answer must be "no, everything is different with ACPI.")

Other than that, great job on the ACPI code - everything else works flawlessly!

Thanks,
Lars
--
Lars Eggert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> USC Information Sciences Institute