In message <p05200f26ba10b7cdec2f@[128.113.24.47]>, Garance A Drosihn writes:

>This still sounds a little too definitive to me, as if we are
>absolutely sure what that partition is.  I think that's where
>some of the debate came from.  I (for one) wouldn't be quite so
>jumpy about the idea, if we changed it to:
>
>real     ,{0x0B, "DOS or Windows 95 with 32 bit FAT"}
>gad-idea ,{0x1B, "Possibly a Hidden DOS or Windows 95, FAT32"}
>
>real     ,{0x0C, "DOS or Windows 95 with 32 bit FAT (LBA)"}
>gad-idea ,{0x1C, "Possibly a Hidden DOS or Windows 95, FAT32 (LBA)"}
>
>I wouldn't mind there being an informational message in fdisk
>like that, as long as it is clear the system will not try to do
>anything with these hidden partitions.

Well, you are wasting peoples time right now, because there is no
way this will get sufficient priority to get into 5.0-RC1.

And as I said before:  _If_ we want to support this "hidden" feature,
we should not do so by doubling the size of the table, but by
scanning it again looking for a match with the 0x10 bit flipped.

I will not even consider it until I get a patch implemented that way.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956