> Hello, Last night I cvsupped from 4.6-STABLE to 5.0-CURRENT.  I do know
> the risks of using -CURRENT.  Unfortunately I am having a problem with
> ACPI on boot.
>
> I have to issue the following to get the machine to boot
> boot> unset acpi_load
> boot> set boot_verbose=YES
> boot> boot -v
>
> then the usual fsck and mount commands.  I have read the acpi manpage
> along with acpiconfig.  Unfortunately this didn't shed much light on
> fixing this problem on a permanent basis.

I too have Armada m700 and am seeing the problem. The right solution is to
have HP/Compaq fix the BIOS (which isn't likely) or to get someone who has
a clue about ACPI look at our acpidump and find what's wrong there and
fix the BIOS locally (ACPI configuration can be fetched from disk instead
of from BIOS).

The reason our computers don't boot is that under newer -current with ACPI
it's either full HW configuration via ACPI and m700's ACPI does define our
PCI bus (or something) wrong way (or there's a bug in ACPI code in
-current).

Meanwhile (forever I suppose) you could disable ACPI permanently by adding
hint.acpi.0.disabled=1 to /boot/loader.conf[.local]. I also have
hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x3" in there which helps with using my m700 with the
docking station BTW.

--
Michal Mertl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]