Trying to install a new version of GRUB not having much success. I'm
wondering if GEOM is interacting with it in some strange way. I am fairly
certain grub reads the partitions itself, but this would be through the
geom layer would it not? The port might need to be marked broken for 5.0,
or someone with geom know-how submit a patch to the grub folks (if that is
really the problem).

Can anyone else verify this? I'm using grub with a device-map file that
used to work just fine.