On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 20:56, Sean Kelly wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 06:01:49PM -0600, Alan L. Cox wrote:
> > Please remove ENABLE_VFS_IOOPT from your kernel configuration.  This
> > code has never been safe for general use.
>
> Just for the sake of clusure, that did in fact fix it. Thank you very much.
>
> Now I'm off to figure out why a specific image from my digital camera
> crashes Nautilus2 when it is thumbnailed... Ahh, computers.

Could be a threading issue.  I found a poor assumption in Nautilus 2's
thumbnailing code with regard to default thread stack sizes.  If you're
running Nautilus 2.0.8 built from ports, you should be okay.  If not,
Nautilus 2 will freeze when it tries to thumbnail any non-JPEG images.

The only other Nautilus/thumbnail crash I've seen was with corrupt PNG
images.

Joe