Mike Makonnen wrote:

You misunderstood. I meant let's move the routing daemons from /usr/sbin to /sbin.
I think if we have routed there we might as well have the others there. Actually we
only need to move route6d to /sbin. I can't think of a reason you would need
multicast routing before the whole system was up. I think we can live with and
additional 42k on /.
Mmmmmm. How about ntpd running in multicast mode? :-)

Which just so happens to be the very next thing I want to do about ntpd on my network.

--
Daniel C. Sobral
Gerência de Operações