:How about sending the patch to the Technical Review Board, trb@ instead.
:
:Thanks.
:
:Cheers,
:
:--
:Anders.

    Getting bored sitting on your buns?  It's already gone to core and,
    frankly, I think core is the proper forum now that Warner has declared
    it a security issue (when it obviously isn't.  How easy is it to do
    an ipfw add 2 allow all from any to any?  It's ludicrous to call it
    a security issue).

    I really don't mind people disagreeing, but I do mind it when people
    believe that the proper solution is for Matt Dillon to spend a man week
    fixing a major API that he didn't write instead of comitting an 8 line
    patch that deals with the issue well enough so sysads don't have to
    pull their hair out every time it happens.

    As I said before, I have no problem with the patch being removed once
    the API is fixed, but I am NOT the guy who should be rewriting the API
    and, frankly, it is inappropriate for anyone to suggest that I should
    be if they themselves are not willing to sit down in front of a
    keyboard and come up with a committable solution of their own.  So far
    all I've heard are utterly trivial complaints from people who aren't
    willing to code up a solution themselves.

                                                -Matt