On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 10:08:55AM +0100, Marc Fonvieille wrote:

> I use the same machine under 5.0-CURRENT (RC etc.).  I used to have
> hangs under X, but since I removed
>
> Load  "dri"
>
> from /etc/X11/XF86Config, it is OK.

Please, try to run the memtest program (it's in the ports tree):
i had a SERIOUS problem of memory corruption with
my laptop (PIII, Intel815E, ATI Radeon M6, etcetc) with STABLE
when i loaded the agp module.

I reported this problem to the drm maintainer but he was unable
to solve it... =P

Run the memtest for a bit, and then report the result, maybe there's
a strange bug floating around, or maybe i'm just drunk... =)

--

Paolo

Italian FreeBSD User Group: http://www.gufi.org