:
:In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Matthew Dillon w
:rites:
:>    This commit is crashing my -current box on boot when it
:>    goes to check for a core.  I get the panic:
:>
:>    "Negative bio_offset (-1024) on bio ..."
:>
:>    Userland probably should not be allowed to panic the box
:>    in that way.
:
:Backtrace ?
:
:--
:Poul-Henning Kamp       | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
:[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956

    userland read() system call from savecore running through
    the standard sequence to read from a physical device, then
    panicing in geom.  I don't have the serial console connected
    to that machine but I'll try to reproduce it in a little while
    and manually transcribe the backtrace.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>