On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 12:49:46PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Sean Kelly writes:
>
> >Since I haven't seen any response to this, I'll "me too" it in hopes that
> >it will get some attention drawn to it.
>
> boot0cfg and fdisk should work as advertised.

edgemaster# boot0cfg -B ad1
boot0cfg: /dev/ad1: ioctl DIOCSMBR: Operation not permitted
edgemaster# fdisk -B ad1
fdisk: can't write fdisk partition table: Operation not permitted
edgemaster# disklabel -B ad1s1
partition c: partition extends past end of unit
Warning, partition c doesn't start at 0!
Warning, An incorrect partition c may cause problems for standard system utilities
partition f: partition extends past end of unit

I've tried doing fdisk and boot0cfg even in singleuser with / mounted
readonly. Is this really the way it is supposed to work? I do not remember
it behaving like this pre-GEOM.

> There is an erratum on "disklabel -B" for 5.0-RELEASE.

So how the hell do I make it so I can boot my system again? I don't know
what I/it did to make it no longer boot, but I can't.

Boot0 shows me a list "F1 FreeBSD, F5 Disk 1". If i choose F1, it just
beeps at me. I don't even know why it is beeping at me, because that same
FreeBSD partition/slice mounts and works if booted via other methods.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.zombie.org