Joel Baldwin wrote:
> --On Friday, January 10, 2003 5:36 PM -0800 "Gary W. Swearingen"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I got an old P100 I'm preparing for NAT duty at a Linux meeting and
> > I > tried to install 5.0-RC2 on it.  Near end of mfsroot.flp loading
> > I > get:
> >
> >     zf_read: unexpected EOF
> >
> > I bit-checked the CD and floppies and they're good.

> Try making another floppy.  I've thought I had a good floppy
> before and gotten that error.

That was it.  The floppy had been formatted & verified & bit-pattern-
tested a few months ago and diff'ed against the image after writing, but
somehow it got buggered before I could use it (or while).  Grrrr.
It won't even format now.  :(

Still can't boot 5.0-RC2 (on that box), but I've added my note about
that to another post reporting a very similar problem.